Thursday, September 16, 2010

Help pass the new paparazzi law

Please take a moment to read this letter that a friend asked me to help spread. Wouldn't it be amazing if the Twilight fandom actually HELPED pass this bill? I bet R/K would be very proud if we'd accomplish that. Here's the website that tells you how to contact Gov. Schwarzenegger and gives you all the information about this topic:


http://www.paparazzi-reform.org/ab2479/



Hello Governor Schwarzenegger, or whoever it is that reads this email.

I'm not sure if this falls under "consumer affairs" or not but I still want to be heard, so please take a few moments to read my email even if this is the wrong department.

I am writing to you on behalf of Bill AB 2479. I absolutely believe that the time has come in this country that we start doing something to punish those that track down certain people like rats in the street. I understand that a particular interest comes along with being a "celebrity", but I don't agree that it should mean that those "celebrities" should be forced to hide in their homes or risk their lives and the lives of those around them simply because someone is looking to make a quick dollar off of snapping a "candid" photo of them. It's gotten to the point of being disgusting actually and just plain sad. When the "celebrity" is being chased through the streets by the infamous paparazzi they are putting not only themselves, but also those around them in jeopardy.

I recently had the misfortune of witnessing first hand one of these "car chases" through the streets of LA when some Paparazzi were chasing a young gentleman by the name of Robert Pattinson. The poor guy even stopped and asked for police assistance because he felt that he was unable to drive safely while being chased by the photographers. They told him they could do nothing for him, so he sat in his car for hours (literally hours) until I suppose the paps finally gave up and let him leave unfollowed, I don't know because I didn't stick around to learn the outcome, he may still be sitting there? That was a joke. What's not a joke however, is how far out of control the paparazzi have become.

What a shameful and wasteful thing it would be if someone were to die in a car accident, whether it is the celebrity being chased, the photographer chasing him/her or perhaps an unfortunate family that just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. At what point are we going to stand up as a nation and say enough is enough?

Please Governor Schwarzenegger, I beg you to consider passing AB 2479 and help to start the process of putting an end to this madness!

Thank you kindly and respectfully,

A concerned citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment